Main Article Content
This research is exposing al-Attas’ program of Islamization of Knowledge, focusing on the frame work of the Islamization of knowledge and its implementation in the education curriculum. Using the library research method, this research succeeded in compiling a number of Islamic frame works and steps for their implementation. Among the work frames are: (1) identifying, (2) isolating, (3) formulating, (4) integrating, and (5) spreading. Identifying is finding secular elements and traditions that are not of Islamic value in the body of knowledge, and then isolating them by freeing the body of knowledge from secular elements and un-Islamic values found embedded in the body of knowledge. Being formulating is the activity of compiling key concepts and Islamic values. The formulation is then integrated into the core knowledge which will be deployed in the Islamic education curriculum.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Copyright @2017. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/) which permits unrestricted non-commercial used, distribution and reproduction in any medium
- Acikgenc, Alparslan. Islamic Science: Toward a Definition. Kuala Lumpur: ISTAC., 1996.
- An-Na’im, Abdullahi Ahmed. Dekonstruksi Syari’ah, terj. Ahmad Saedy & Amiruddin Arrani, Yogyakarta: Lkis., 1994.
- Arkoun, Mohammed. Rethinking Islam: Common Questions, Uncommon Answers, U. S. A.: Westview Press, 1994.
- Al-Attas, Syed Muhammad Naquib, et.al., Aims and Objectives of Islamic Education. Jeddah: King Abdul Aziz University, 1979.
- --------, Islam and Secularism. Kuala Lumpur: ISTAC., 1983.
- --------, Prolegomena to the Metaphysics of Islām: an Exposition of the Fundamental Elements of the Worldview of Islam. Kuala Lumpur: UTM Press, 2014.
- Al-Qaṭṭān, Manna’. Mabāẖits fī ‘Ulūm al-Ḥadīts. Cairo: Maktabah Wahbah, 2007.
- Kalin, Ibrahim. http://www.oxfordislamicstudies.com/Public/focus/essay 1009_science.html..
- Wan Mohd Nor Wan Daud, The Educational Philosophy and Practice of Syed Muhammad Naquib al-Attas: An Exposition of the Original Concept of Islamization. Kuala Lumpur: ISTAC., 1998.